Hair Care Advice For Virgin Remy Hair.
As with most things in life, things are so much easier when you know how. Looking after real hair extensions is not difficult, yet it is important to follow a consistent hair care routine to keep them looking their best. A hair strand is essentially a tube with an inner cortex encased in a delicate outer layer, called the cuticle. When the cuticle layer is perfectly intact, hair looks supremely glossy and doesn’t tend to break. We all know that the overuse of heat styling tools, chemical products and colouring can affect the natural health of your hair, and yet most of us do want to be able to use tongs, straighteners and colours on our hair to keep us up to date with style trends, that's understandable.
We sell some of the best virgin hair on the market and we sell world wide, if you are not happy with your current supplier, try us, you will be pleasantly surprised!SHOP NOW
What is Virgin Remy Hair?
Virgin Remy Hair is Real Human Hair. It comes in many forms and grades, The quality of the hair we sell is of a very high standard and it possesses all the natural beauty and healthy shine you could ask for. It does however need to be treated with kindness in order to sustain its health, as it doesn’t receive nutrients in the way growing hair does.
Here at VHB, we have put together a step-by-step guide to keeping your Real Hair Extensions looking in top condition. So, how do you care for virgin remy hair?
Step 1 - Brushing & Maintaining Your Hair Extensions
• You MUST brush your hair in the mornings and at night before bed. Even when you’ve had a long day and your bed is calling; even when you’ve had too many glasses of vino on a Saturday night, you must take a few minutes to brush through your hair.
• Covering your hair with a scarf before going to sleep will prevent frizzing and tangling and is highly recommended.
• Carry a brush in your bag. Wind, rain and pollution can affect our hair and it may need a little tidy up from time to time during the day.
Step 2 - Washing Virgin Remy Hair Extensions
There is a real knack to maintaining healthy and vibrant hair extensions and washing your hair correctly yet not over washing is essential.
• Always brush your hair before you get into the shower. This limits breakage and tangling when the hair gets wet.
• Let the shower head do the work, wetting your hair in a light downward motion.
• Not too much shampoo (and when we say shampoo, we mean no Sulfate). A dab the size of quarter of your palm should do it.
• Lather your hair at the roots, massaging gently AROUND the extension attachments. Avoid touching these if you can. Two minutes of soothing massage is about right.
• You can now move on to the rest of your hair. Split this into manageable sections, about two on each side. Use your palms to spread the lather at the roots down through each section. By using a downward motion, sandwich each section of your hair in your palms and rub down to clean. The hair will remain strong and breakage is minimised.
• Rinse your scalp, again letting the shower do the work. Repeat the lathering and palm wash process , but with a smaller amount of shampoo and just as gentle.
• Lastly, rinse away any traces of shampoo using lukewarm water until your hair feels squeaky clean. A blast of cool water (as cold as you can cope with) at the very end will close the cuticles and ensure the hair is left smooth and shiny.
• Whilst your hair is wet, use your fingers to lightly separate the hair and continue this process with a wide-toothed comb to ensure no sections are joined or intertwined.
• Rub Almond or Coconut oil into the wet hair with the palms of your hands and comb through again using the wide-toothed comb.
• Pat the hair with a towel to remove excess moisture and gently wrap your hair in the towel at the back of your head – never wrap up in a turban on top!
• After an hour, remove the towel and allow the hair to air-dry (at home).
Step 3 - Moisturising
• It’s important to be in-tune with your hair and recognise when it feels and looks dry. In order to preserve the moisture in your Real Hair Extensions you can use natural oils and lotions that contain Almond or Coconut as part of a weekly routine. We only recommend pure natural oils and lotions for moisturising your hair.
• Avoid over-washing your hair. Use small amounts of natural products and your hair will stay cleaner for longer. Also, over-washing can loosen your extensions.
• Never use a brush on your hair when it’s wet. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb.
• NEVER go to bed with wet hair!
Real Curly Hair Extensions look incredibly glamorous and there is a fantastic selection to choose from here at VHB. Curly hair has a tendency to be naturally drier than straight hair, so it may be necessary to replenish its moisture more often especially 6-8 weeks after installation. Getting to know your hair extensions is key – as soon as you sense they are beginning to dry, spritz them with a little water when required. Adding a few drops of natural oil to the water will work wonders too.
Changes in weather, your exercise routine, pollution and how you style your hair can all have an impact on all hair types. So keep an eye on things to get the best out of your lovely natural virgin hair.
Finally, enjoy your hair extensions. Just a little bit of TLC is all they need to stay looking healthy and glossy.
Hair Products For Remy Hair Extensions.
We suggest that you use the following products (or similar) to maintain your hair extensions.
Sulfate Free Shampoo:
Aveda Be Curly
Aveda Dry Remedy
L'Oreal Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo
John Masters Lavender Rosemary Shampoo
Deva Curl No Poo for Curly hair types
Schwarzkopf Bonacure Colour Save
Curls Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
ICON Drench for bleached blonde hair
Organic Moisturisers For Virgin Uncolured Hair:
Moroccan Pure Argan Oil - for styling only, the following oils will penetrate cuticles and treat virgin hair;
KTC Pure Almond Oil
Virgin Coconut Oil
Unrefined Coconut Creme or Oil
Pure Jojoba Oil
- as a treatment, leave in or soak in Coconut oil for 30mins and rinse out with organic shampoo
Organic Moisturisers for Coloured Human Hair:
All the above oils but leave in before washing and rinse out or apply small amounts when required.
Moroccan Argan Oil - for styling only
Dr. Hauschka Neem Hair Lotion
Finishing, for all hair types:
Moroccan Argan Oils or Serums
L'Oreal Paris Satin Natural Hold Hair Spray
Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray
John Masters Shine On
For further advice, just get in touch. We are here to help